Q: I have been filling out online auto insurance quote forms in Colorado for a few days and they are all wildly different. Can you help me compare Colorado auto insurance quotes?
A: The reason you are getting quotes that vary so much online is that the form you fill out for multiple quotes is often very general and therefore the quotes are also very general. Trying to compare Colorado auto insurance is the same as comparing auto insurance in any state. There are five basic things you should be aware of in your policy.
1. How much your policy covers the damage to your car.
2. How much your policy cover the damage to the other drivers car.
3. How much your policy will pay for medical bills and pain and suffering of any people injured in the accident.
4. How much your policy will pay to cover property damage caused by the accident.
5. How much this coverage will cost you.
Remember when attempting to compare auto insurance that you buy enough coverage so you are not left in a terrible financial situation after an accident. The monthly expense of a higher premium will likely pay for itself many times over if you are ever involved in even a moderate accident.
Lastly, we encourage you not to fall into the trap that many drivers do -- which is, accepting the first quote you are given. Some simple comparison shopping is one of the easiest ways to save a bundle on car insurance, but many people take the easy way out and skip this important step.