No one ever walks around saying, "I'd really love to wipe my schedule clear so I can get a root canal this week." There's usually a lot more moaning, groaning and complaining! Oddly enough, that's how most people talk when they're talking about having to go shopping for auto insurance quotes.
I'm here to tell you that the root canal has not, in fact, been bumped from America's "Top 10 Worst Ways to Spend Your Free Time" by shopping for auto insurance quotes online. (No, that's not a real list. If it were, however, I guarantee the root canal would be right up there with having to sit for days on end with nothing but water and chocolate covered ants and natural childbirth. )
How do I know? Because I can give you 10 very good reasons I'd rather go shopping for auto insurance than sit down and let the dentist begin to drill:
1. Shopping for insurance online doesn't come with that wonderful smell of burning teeth. There's nothing like it for putting you off dental work for the rest of your life.
2. The dentist continues to carry on a conversation with you, whether you can speak or not. If you're at home, sprawled in your favorite recliner with a laptop, a lap desk and a cool beverage, you can kick back and do your shopping in blessed, blessed quiet.
3. If you're not feeling well you can always reschedule shopping for auto insurance quotes online. Try and do that with a root canal and they'll have you so strung up with cancellation fees it'll be months before you find your way out. (Before I get piles of nasty emails I'd like to say that no, not all oral surgeons are this cruel. There are, however, enough of them out there that I'm comfortable making the comparison!)
4. Root canals cost upwards of $600 a pop. Shopping for auto insurance quotes online is free.
5. You can eat before, during and after going shopping for insurance. Try and do that after a root canal and you'll have a whole new definition for the phrase "hating life".
6. You don't have to hope your oral surgeon's going to give you the good drugs to cut the pain when you're home shopping for insurance online. Many surgeons will send you home with a pat on the head and a bottle of Ibuprofen. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. Conversely, finding a better rate from a competitor always makes you feel better!
7. You can schedule shopping for auto insurance quotes online around your schedule, not theirs.
8. An auto insurance policy can be tailored around your preferences and needs. Try and tell your dentist or surgeon how to do his job and he'll end up laughing you out of the office.
9. With 50+ companies competing for the same small pool of drivers who need auto insurance quotes, you're not at a disadvantage when you throw yourself on their mercy.
10. Thanks to the power of the online community you have a fighting chance of walking away the winner when you're shopping for auto insurance quotes online. When you get a root canal a draw's the best you're going to get.